Become an evidence based Birth® Instructor
Applications are opening May 17, 2021!
An important announcement about the EBB Instructor Program about opening applications!
Thank you for your interest in the Evidence Based Birth® Instructor Program! The EBB Instructor Program is a critical component of Evidence Based Birth®’s mission to get the most recent evidence into the hands of families and communities around the world.
The EBB Team is so excited to announce that applications to become an Evidence Based Birth Instructor will open May 17, 2021! We cannot wait to receive your application! We know many of you have been waiting to apply as we’ve made changes to the application criteria, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you’re thinking of applying this year, it’s important for you to know up front that we have shifted our focus to illuminating and supporting areas that suffer from social injustice in maternity care. We have done the research and educated ourselves through this lens and are re-opening enrollment in the EBB Instructor program with new eligibility criteria and pre-requisites. Our hope is to continue to put the most recent evidence in the hands of families while moving towards more intentionally addressing populations who have historically been marginalized and/or been impacted by systemic racism, as well as those communities who have less access to quality childbirth education and childbirth resources.
If you plan on applying to the EBB Instructor Program, click on the button below labeled “Open Answer Application Questions” to download a document to prepare for the application! Also, we want to invite you to register for a live Q&A session with Rebecca and Cat so you can learn all about the Instructor Training Program and ask your questions live.
We cannot wait to start seeing applications!
Have you ever wished you could…
- Help your clients get the kind of birth they want, without increasing friction in the birth room?
- Improve relationships between nurses, doctors, midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, and chiropractors?
- Become an influential change agent in your community, bringing evidence based care into reach for more families?
You’re not alone in feeling like this.
I’ve talked with birth and health care professionals around the world who wish they could do something to make a bigger impact in their communities.
There is so much room for improvement in maternity care… so many families are still receiving care that is not in line with best evidence.
It’s time we get together and do something about it!
Sign up for the Live EBB Instructor Q&A Session of your choice above!
Cat LaPlante, MAEd
Director of the Evidence Based Birth® Instructor Program
Do you want to take an EBB Pro or Parent Workshop?
Are you looking for where you can take EBB Childbirth Class?
Find an EBB Event near you today!
Resources for Teaching other Professionals:
Resources for You:
- A comprehensive 6-week training program with contact hours
- All curriculum materials you need to teach EBB content
- A private community with other EBB Instructors from across the world
- Professional graphics, logos, and copywriting to use in your marketing
- Complimentary access to the Evidence Based Birth® Professional Membership in your first year
- Promote your services on the Evidence Based Birth® Instructor Directory and help your perfect clients find you
Who is eligible to become an Instructor?
Are you a birth professional with at least one year of experience?
Do you have experience and/or training in social justice?
Do you believe in the mission of Evidence Based Birth®?
Do you have a passion for teaching to close the evidence-practice gap?
If you answered “yes!” to those above questions, apply now!
What is the cost of the program?
The enrollment fee is $299. This includes all the training, curriculum, the right to teach and sell tickets to classes and workshops, contact hour certificates to offer to professionals who attend your live classes, and all the other benefits listed above.
Also, you’ll be able to enroll to teach the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class! Only Evidence Based Birth® Instructors are able to enroll in the training. The training in order to teach the EBB Childbirth Class is an extra fee. Register for one of our Q&A webinars coming up to learn more.
Each cycle we provide 6 full scholarships to professionals who meet the criteria already listed above, plus meet one of the following additional criteria:
- You are a person of color and primarily serve families of color (2 full scholarships available)
- You are a professional who works primarily with a non-profit or charitable organization that serves birthing families (2 full scholarships available)
- You are a professional who works in a low-income country and primarily serves low-income families in that country (2 full scholarships available)
There is a scholarship application fee of $20 which covers our time in reviewing the scholarship applications and ensures that you are committed to being fully engaged as an Instructor.
We also offering a limited number of partial scholarship applications for exceptional candidates who fit the scholarship criteria when the scholarship spots have been filled.
Is there an annual renewal fee?
You can renew your Instructor status each year for $200. Any required renewal training will be provided at no cost to you. Also, once you become an Instructor, you will be locked into your renewal rate, with no price increases.