Help families in your
evidence based care.
Become an evidence based Birth® Professional
How can you help families in your community get evidence based care?
Here’s the deal: You and I both want evidence based care to be the “norm” for birthing families in our community. But on average, it takes 15 to 20 years for evidence to be put into practice. This situation is totally unacceptable! How can we speed up that gap so that families can get that care right here, right now?
Learn how to be a change agent in your community… and then also get the support you need right here in the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership.
Our members get immediate access to:
- Our flagship 6-week course on “How to help families get evidence based care”
- Courses with up to 23 contact hours (20 hours approved for ACNM contact hours and the Midwifery Bridge Certificate; there are 23 nursing contact hours good towards most doula, midwifery, and childbirth educator certifications)
- Live monthly training sessions on hot topics in the field, offering contact hours
- An exclusive library of printer-friendly PDFs to share with your clients
- A supportive community for asking questions and sharing challenges, struggles, and success stories!
An inter-professional community where we all come together
Our community is one-of-a-kind in the birth world, because it is made up of all kinds of professionals! We have nurses, midwives, certified midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, lactation consultants, advocates, obstetricians, and family physicians among our ranks. We are all here to support one another in the quest to get evidence based care into our communities.
20+ hours of continuing education
Your membership comes with 7 formal courses (21 hours and counting) that have all been approved for nursing contact hours. Most (20) of our contact hours are also approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Most doulas and childbirth educators are also able to claim nursing contact hours towards their continuing education.
These are the classes in our course directory– certificates for contact hours are included in your membership!
- How to help families get evidence based care (our flagship course; worth 8 nursing contact hours or 7 ACNM contact hours)
- Due Dates and Advanced Maternal Age (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Big Babies and Gestational Diabetes (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Friedman’s Curve and Failure to Progress (2 nursing contact hours and 2 ACNM contact hours)
- PROM, GBS, and Newborn Procedures (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Overturning Hospital Bans” (3 nursing contact hours).
Courses above that provide ACNM CEUs have also been approved for the NARM Midwifery Bridge Certificate.
Live monthly training sessions with Rebecca
You can attend our live monthly training sessions on hot topics like horizontal violence in birth work, interpreting research on home birth, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, Cytotec induction, and more. Training sessions are always recorded so that if you can’t make it live, you can watch the recorded session at your leisure. We have more than 25 recorded trainings in our library!
Recent and Upcoming Live Training Sessions:
- Labor Induction Methods
- Pain Management in Labor
- Opioid Dependency and Birth
- Birth in the American Indian Community
- Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes
- Working with Millennials and Generation Z
Access to all of the printer-friendly PDFs for our Articles
Evidence Based Birth® makes the most thorough educational PDFs in the birth world! While you are a member, you will have access to the entire library of our full-length Articles in printer-friendly PDFs, as well as all of the short versions ( one page handouts ). The entire bundle of PDFs, valued at $320, is no longer available to the public. For as long as you’re a member, you get access to all of the PDFs (and continuing updates on the handouts) for free!
Professional Members also get:
- Early access (“sneak peeks”) to new Evidence Based Birth® articles before they are released to the public
- Member discussion and Q & A with Rebecca about each of the course topics!
- Weekly Facebook Lives in our private Facebook group with a Q & A about podcasts and articles
How will the Professional Membership enrich your practice?
Students – We are glad to offer partial scholarships available for nursing, midwifery, PhD, and medical students/residents.
Birth Workers of Color – As long as minority mothers and babies are dying at disparately high rates, I am committed to offering membership for free or at a reduced fee (you choose what’s right for you!) for birth professionals of color.
Scholarship by Eligible Countries – Reduced fees are available for birth professionals working in eligible countries. Proof of residency and work status in the country is required.
We are thrilled to be able to offer a Higher Education program, which is already being used by midwifery and doula university programs across the U.S. and Canada! The Higher Ed program is hosted on a separate site, and is perfect for nursing, midwifery, doula, medical school, gender studies, and family studies faculty who want to incorporate official Evidence Based Birth® content into their courses.
To learn more how your institution can take advantage of our Higher Ed program, simply contact us to set up an appointment!
We offer group discounts for doula groups, midwifery practices, birth centers, and other organizations who want to purchase a membership in bulk or a practice-wide license. With a group membership, one person from the group is assigned to pay, but each member gets their own unique login and password.
Bulk memberships can be purchased at either a monthly or annual rate. We enroll groups twice a year.
The Evidence Based Birth® professional membership is refundable by request within 48 hours of purchase. To request a refund and cancellation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. After 48 hours, the terms of the purchased membership will stay in place for 12 months (if an annual membership was purchased) or for the remainder of the first month (if a monthly membership was purchased).
More than 800 birth professionals from around the world are Evidence Based Birth® members.
Evidence Based Birth® is a leader in the birth world for a reason. Everything we do is to fulfill our mission of getting evidence into the hands of communities, so that they can make informed decisions. Come be a part of the incredibly important and inspiring work we are doing!
Hear from one of our
Sign Up For A Membership NOW & Get:
We are excited that you want to join the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership.
Start your journey today!