Help families in your
evidence based care.
Become an evidence based Birth® Professional
How can you help families in your community get evidence based care?
Here’s the deal: You and I both want evidence based care to be the “norm” for birthing families in our community. But on average, it takes 15 to 20 years for evidence to be put into practice. This situation is totally unacceptable! How can we speed up that gap so that families can get that care right here, right now?
Learn how to be a change agent in your community… and then also get the support you need right here in the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership.
Our members get immediate access to:
- Our flagship 6-week course on “How to help families get evidence based care”
- Courses with up to 23 contact hours courses (20 hours approved for ACNM contact hours, the Midwifery Bridge Certificate, and prescribed AAFP credit; there are 23 nursing contact hours good towards most doula, midwifery, and childbirth educator certifications)
- Live monthly training sessions on hot topics in the field
- A library of printer-friendly PDFs to share with your clients
- A supportive community for asking questions and sharing challenges, struggles, and success stories!
An inter-professional community where we all come together
Our community is one-of-a-kind in the birth world, because it is made up of all kinds of professionals! We have nurses, midwives, certified midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, lactation consultants, advocates, obstetricians, and family physicians among our ranks. We are all here to support one another in the quest to get evidence based care into our communities.
20+ hours of continuing education
Your membership comes with 7 formal courses (23 hours and counting) that have all been approved for nursing contact hours. Most (20) of our contact hours are also approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Most doulas and childbirth educators are also able to claim nursing contact hours towards their continuing education.
These are the classes in our course directory– certificates for contact hours are included in your membership!
- How to help families get evidence based care (our flagship course; worth 8 nursing contact hours or 7 ACNM contact hours)
- Vitamin K and Eye Ointment (2 nursing contact hours and 2 pharm ACNM contact hours)
- Due Dates and Advanced Maternal Age (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Big Babies and Gestational Diabetes (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Friedman’s Curve and Failure to Progress (2 nursing contact hours and 2 ACNM contact hours)
- PROM, GBS, and Newborn Procedures (3 nursing contact hours and 3 ACNM contact hours)
- Overturning Hospital Bans” (3 nursing contact hours).
Courses above that provide ACNM CEUs have also been approved for the NARM Midwifery Bridge Cetificate.
For physicians: This Enduring Material series activity, Evidence Based Maternity Care for Physicians, from 09/27/2017 – 09/26/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Live monthly training sessions with Rebecca
You can attend our live monthly training sessions on hot topics like horizontal violence in birth work, interpreting research on home birth, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, Cytotec induction, and more. Training sessions are always recorded so that if you can’t make it live, you can watch the recorded session at your leisure. We have more than 25 recorded trainings in our library!
Recent and Upcoming Live Training Sessions:
- January 2018: Labor Induction Methods
- February 2018: Pain Management in Labor
- March 2018: Opioid Dependency and Birth
- April 2018: Birth in the American Indian Community
- May 2018: Nutrition and Gestational Diabetes
- June 2018: Fetal Monitoring
Access to all of the printer-friendly PDFs for our Articles
Evidence Based Birth® makes the most thorough educational PDFs in the birth world! While you are a member, you will have access to the entire library of our full-length Articles in printer-friendly PDFs, as well as all of the short versions ( one page handouts ). The entire bundle of PDFs, which is valued at $320, is no longer available to the public. For as long as you’re a member, you get access to all of the PDFs (and continuing updates on the handouts) for free!
Professional Members also get:
- Early access (“sneak peeks”) to new Evidence Based Birth® articles before they are released to the public
- Member discussion and Q & A with Rebecca about each of the course topics!
- Weekly Facebook Lives in our private Facebook group with a Q & A about podcasts and articles
Students – We are glad to offer partial scholarships available for nursing, midwifery, and medical students/residents.
Women of Color – As long as minority mothers and babies are dying at disparately high rates, I am committed to offering partial and full scholarships for birth professionals of color.
Birth Workers in Developing Nations – Partial scholarships are available for birth professionals working in developing countries. Proof of residency and work status in the country is required.
We are thrilled to be able to offer “University Access,” which is already being used by midwifery and doula university programs across the U.S. and Canada! University Access is perfect for nursing, midwifery, doula, medical school, gender studies, and family studies faculty who want to incorporate official Evidence Based Birth® content into their courses.
The student dashboard in the EBB Academy contains a library of specially-filmed “video modules” just for university students, ranging on topics from doulas, to home birth research, VBAC, labor induction, Cesarean rates, and more! Each module comes with a quiz and certificate your students can download to prove the completed the assigned work. Students also get access to all of our advanced continuing education courses, like our courses on Group B Strep and Vitamin K.
You can create your own flipped classroom by requiring your students to watch the EBB video modules and then come to class ready to discuss what they’ve learned!
Universities can purchase access in bulk, or they can require their students to purchase access (like an online textbook). University rates are $60 per student per semester, or $100 per student per year. We’d be happy to give you a personal tour to show you what the university dashboard looks like!
We offer group discounts for doula groups, midwifery practices, birth centers, and other organizations who want to purchase a membership in bulk or a practice-wide license. With a group membership, one person from the group is assigned to pay, but each member gets their own unique login and password.
Bulk memberships can be purchased at either a monthly or annual rate. The discount for a group is 20% for groups of 3 or more, and 25% for groups of 10 or more.
Group enrollment is available January and July.
The Evidence Based Birth® professional membership is refundable by request within 48 hours of purchase. To request a refund and cancellation, please email email@example.com. After 48 hours, the terms of the purchased membership will stay in place for 12 months (if an annual membership was purchased) or for the remainder of the first month (if a monthly membership was purchased).
More than 600 birth professionals from around the world are Evidence Based Birth® members.
Evidence Based Birth® is a leader in the birth world for a reason. Everything we do is to fulfill our mission of getting evidence into the hands of communities, so that they can make informed decisions. Come be a part of the incredibly important and inspiring work we are doing!
Hear from one of our Professional Members:
Sign Up For A Membership Now & Get:
We are excited that you want to join the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership.
Start your journey today!
Based on the scholarship applied for.