2020 Instructor Retreat Terms & Conditions
Registration Process and Payment Methods
- This event is hosted Evidence Based Birth (hereby known as “Host”)
- Retreat registrations will not be confirmed until all forms are completed and the correct payment is received and processed.
- Registrants should obtain confirmation before committing to other travel arrangements. The Host will NOT be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs or reimbursements.
- Host cannot be responsible for your spam filters blocking your confirmation email or other important email messages about the event.
- Your retreat registration fee DOES NOT INCLUDE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS or TRAVEL (Airfare, etc.) costs. For meals, your retreat registration fee includes LUNCH and DINNER on Friday, August 14. Guests of the Embassy Suites can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Attendees are responsible for making their own transportation and lodging arrangements, as well as arranging and paying for other travel expenses and meals other than the provided meals.
Full refunds are available by requesting firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2020. Any refunds requested after March 1, 2020 and before June 1, 2020, will be refunded 50%. After June 1, 2020, there will be no refunds for this event.
Ticket transfers may be made for a $50 fee. If you wish to transfer your ticket to another Instructor, you must notify the Hosts as soon as possible. No refunds will be made on any transferred tickets. All transfer transactions are the responsibility of the original purchasing party and the new attendee. If you need to make a transfer, you must notify Evidence Based Birth no later than August 1, 2020, and either the original purchasing party or the new participant must pay the $50 substitution fee by that time.
There will be a hors d’oeuvre reception on the evening of Thursday, August 13. The retreat sessions will take place all day Friday, August 14 and in the morning of Saturday, August 15, 2020. A draft schedule of the retreat will be provided, but is subject to change.
Participation and Behavior
Retreat attendees are expected to behave professionally. Excessive use of obscene language, abusive behavior, or threatening behavior directed to any other event attendee or the Host is not conducive to a learning environment and will result in removal and banning from the event without refund. Retreat attendees are not permitted to audio-record or video-record the retreat.
Privacy and Security
For privacy and security reasons, the retreat attendees will not disclose the exact location of the retreat setting on social media. Sharing the city/state of the retreat is acceptable, but attendees should not disclose the exact location of the retreat sessions nor the name of the affiliated hotel.
Site Internet Policy
The following uses of on-site Internet access are not permitted:
- To violate any statutes of the host country & region;
- To vandalize, damage, or disable the property of another individual or organization;
- To access another individual’s materials, information, or files without permission;
- To use scanning or hacking exploit tools on public networks; and,
- To violate copyright or otherwise use the intellectual property of another individual or organization without permission.
Responsibility Personal Property and Care
- The Host accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- By purchasing a ticket to this event, you declare that you will not hold the Host liable for loss or damage of your personal property.
- The Hosts accept no responsibility for the health, safety, and well-being of participants.
- By purchasing a ticket to this event, you declare that you will not hold the Hosts or any of their contractors or employees liable for any incurred injury, illness, or death.
- Attendees accept full responsibility for their personal property, health and well-being.
- It is the attendees responsibility to be on time for all events. Events will begin at assigned times. If an attendee misses an event, there will be no refund for the events missed.
Image Rights Release
As a participant in Retreat, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to the Host, their heirs, legal representatives and assigns, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:
The unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, sales through any visual or audio media, publish, live streaming and broadcast video or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.
I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless the Hosts, their heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under their permission or authority, or those for whom they are functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.