In today’s podcast, we talk about the types of different home birth midwives in the U.S. This podcast will prep you to attend the free public webinar all about the evidence on home birth. To register for the webinar (only available through May 8, 2018), visit https://ebbirth.com/homebirthwebinar
To learn more about the EBB Professional Membership, visit https://evidencebasedbirth.com/become-pro-member/ and visit EBB PDF library here:
Here are the references we used to create today’s podcast:
- American College of Nurse Midwives (2017). Comparison of Certified Nurse-Midwives, Certified Midwives, Certified Professional Midwives. Accessed online April 4, 2018. Available at: http://www.midwife.org/index.asp?bid=59&cat=12&button=Search&rec=254
- The Big Push for Midwives (2018). CPMs Legal Status by State. Accessed online April 4, 2018. Available at: http://pushformidwives.nationbuilder.com/cpms_legal_status_by_state
- MacDorman, M. F. and Declercq, E. (2016). “Trends and Characteristics of United States Out-of-Hospital Births 2004-2014: New Information on Risk Status and Access to Care.” Birth 43(2): 116-124. Click here.
- Midwives Alliance of North America (2016). About Midwives: Types of Midwives. Accessed online April 4, 2018. Available at: https://mana.org/about-midwives/types-of-midwife.
- Marzalik, P. R., Feltham, K. J., Jefferson, K., et al. (2018). “Midwifery education in the U.S. – Certified Nurse-Midwife, Certified Midwife and Certified Professional Midwife.” Midwifery 60: 9-12. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29471175
Listening to this podcast is an Australian College of Midwives CPD Recognised Activity.
Stay empowered, read more :
Don't miss an episode! Subscribe to our podcast: iTunes | Stitcher In this episode, I am joined with Brett Iimura to discuss global childbirth education and birth in Japan. Brett has had a varied career, including being a hansom cab driver in New York City, an ASL...
EBB 149 – Shifting from Hospital Labor and Delivery Nurse to Home Birth Advocate with Melissa Anne Dubois
Don't miss an episode! Subscribe to our podcast: iTunes | Stitcher **Trigger Content Warning: This podcast episode discusses racism and includes graphic descriptions of obstetric abuse.** In this episode, we're going to talk with Melissa Anne DuBois about shifting...
EBB 148 – Community, Black Midwifery, and Advocacy with Brittany “Tru” Kellman of Jamaa Birth Village
Don't miss an episode! Subscribe to our podcast: iTunes | Stitcher **Trigger Warning: This podcast contains content on the topic of obstetric abuse and birth trauma.** In this episode, I interview Brittany “Tru” Kellman, the Founder and Executive Director of Jamaa...