Parent or Professional?
Comfort Measures for L & D Nurses
Are you an L & D nurse who wishes you had more tools in your toolbox to help keep patients comfortable during labor?
By attending this Comfort Measures Workshop for Labor and Delivery Nurses, you will not only get hands-on practice with comfort measures skills, but you’ll also learn how you can overcome barriers to providing comfort measures on your unit!
All nurses who register at the Professional level or higher will earn 3 nursing contact hours, and those who register as Super Users will receive a Comfort Measures Toolkit to take back to your unit and show to your peers. Come enjoy an afternoon of demonstrations, discussion, and networking with L & D nurses and birth professionals from all over O’ahu!
This Comfort Measures Workshop is going to be personally taught by Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, the founder of Evidence Based Birth®. Rebecca’s presence at this workshop is facilitated by BEST Birth Hawaii and Wunderbirth.
Rebecca designed this workshop specifically for Labor and Delivery nurses who are looking to add to their labor support knowledge and skills. However, local doulas, midwives, and childbirth educators are more than welcome to attend!
Contact hours: By attending the workshop and completing an evaluation and quiz, registrants at the Professional or Super User ticket level will earn a certificate for 3 contact hours from Evidence Based Birth®, a continuing education provider for the Kentucky Board of Nursing # 7-0081. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications.
Learning Objectives for Comfort Measures Workshop:
- Discuss the evidence on comfort measures and the importance of labor support skills
- Demonstrate a variety of comfort measures for use during labor
- Discuss how we can overcome barriers to providing comfort measures
- Basic Ticket- audit only (no contact hours)
- Professional Ticket– certificate for 3 nursing contact hours
- Super User Ticket– certificate for 3 nursing contact hours + Comfort Measures Teaching Toolkit with instructions and permission to teach lessons to your peers + 1 month free Professional Membership to Evidence Based Birth® with access to 24 additional contact hours + a laminated copy of the “Pocket Guide to Comfort Measures for Labor and Delivery”
Additional info about the “Super User” ticket:
We are encouraging each local hospital to sponsor at least two nurses to become Super Users! Your Nurse Super Users will be able to teach their peers how comfort measures can decrease the Cesarean rate, decrease patient pain levels, and increase patient satisfaction. Having at least two nurses trained as Super Users will make it easier for them to demonstrate to the other L & D nurses on their unit what they learned at the workshop. Super Users will receive a Comfort Measures Toolkit on a flash drive, which will be loaded with:
1. Research evidence handout for staff + Lesson curriculum on assisting patients who wish to use hydrotherapy during labor
2. Research evidence handout for staff + Lesson curriculum on how labor nurses can assist with upright positioning during labor and birth
3. Handout for patients + Lesson curriculum on how to reassure patients who are being sent home in early labor
4. Research evidence handout for staff + Role play about the words nurses use and how hospital staff language affects the patient’s pain perception, anxiety, and satisfaction
5. Plus more!
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to an equivalent purchase of online classes.