Keep reading to find out how you can take a class on suspected big babies!
Did you know?
One in three pregnant women is told she is going to have a big baby.
But in reality, only 1 in 10 babies is born big.
In fact, there are a lot of “myths” out there about big babies– and these myths are spread both by health care providers and by the general public.
This class has everything you need to learn the truth about suspected big babies.
You have the chance to take a class from Rebecca Dekker, the PhD-prepared founder of Evidence Based Birth, on evidence-based care for suspected big babies.
By taking this class, you will learn the facts about big babies.
- How many women give birth to big babies?
- Do big babies have more health problems?
- How accurate is ultrasound at predicting a baby’s size?
- Is induction recommended for suspected big babies?
- Should I plan a Cesarean for a suspected big baby?
- What if I have gestational diabetes?
- What if I want a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) and my doctor suspects a big baby?
You can watch the class at your own pace!
The class is made up of short videos, and also includes:
- Printable handouts for you to keep
- MP3 podcasts you can download
- Real-life stories and photos of suspected big babies
- A quiz to check your knowledge
- Wrap-up case study (scenario) so you can pull everything together
- A chance for you to ask Rebecca questions
- An invitation for you to join the closed Evidence Based Birth Classroom Facebook group!
Who should take this class?
If you are a doula, childbirth educator, nurse, midwife, physician, birth advocate, or highly motivated expecting parent who wants to learn in-depth facts about suspected big babies, then this class is for you!
Can you earn continuing education hours?
Yes!! Rebecca has been approved as a continuing education provider by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. This means you can earn a certificate for 2 nursing contact hours once you complete the course. Nursing contact hours can also be applied to most doula, childbirth education, and some midwifery certifications.
Tip: Check with your certifying organization to make sure they accept nursing contact hours. Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of program content.
When does the class start?
Since the class is online, you can start anytime! And purchase of the course gives you lifetime access to the class and any updates. This means you will have plenty of time to complete the class at your leisure. And you can relax knowing that you’ll always be able to come back to the class if you want to refresh your memory.
Is there a money back guarantee?
Yes, you are provided with a 30-day money back guarantee.
How much does the class cost?
The class is just $27 for 90+ minutes of video content and all your class materials– including downloadable videos, MP3s, handouts, a wrap-up case study, and a certificate for contact hours. You will also have the unique chance to ask questions of the founder of Evidence Based Birth.
How do I sign up?
The class is hosted on Udemy.com, where you can join more than half a million students worldwide who take classes from leading experts in their fields. To begin taking this class, please click here or on the sign up now button.
What if I want to learn more?
Check out other Evidence Based Birth Classes that are available to you!
And subscribe to the free Evidence Based Birth newsletter so you can find out as soon as classes are added (below)!
What if I want to enter the giveaway? [CLOSED]
It’s super easy! Just click on “leave a comment” below and leave a comment about what you are most excited about learning in this class!
- PRIZE: A coupon for one Evidence Based Birth class for free (~$30 value)
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and answer this question: What are you most excited about learning in the suspected big baby class (or in future classes)?
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Monday, September 30, 2013 at 8pm Eastern Time
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- OTHER: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Monday night, September 30, via Facebook and as an update to this post. Come back here on Monday for the announcement of our winner. Good luck!
The winner of the giveaway (chosen by Random.org) is S. Russell!! Congratulations!!